We are delighted you have chosen, or are considering, our school for the education of your child/ren. We look forward to working in an effective partnership, so as to ensure your time with us will be a happy and rewarding one.
At Weedons School, we aim to create for you and your children, a welcoming environment where you all feel relaxed and happy about approaching any of the staff or Board of Trustees concerning your child’s learning, or the operation of our school. We pride ourselves on this and hope that you will take advantage of our openness.
We are all very proud of our school, its people, its environment, its achievements, its values, its uniform, and its teamwork. We focus on “The Weedons Way” (our school values), and are very happy to have you as a part of our team.
What we can offer you and your child/ren:
- A full primary school, Year One to Year Eight.
- A fun, innovative, progressive and well balanced rural school.
- Six roomy, modern classrooms
- Dedicated, enthusiastic, fun and helpful teaching and support staff.
- A balanced teaching programme catering for individual needs.
- Experienced teacher aides who provide effective programmes for children requiring extra support.
- Teachers trained to support dyslexia students in the classrooms.
- Reading Recovery.
- Leadership opportunities for senior students
- Very spacious and attractive grounds.
- Compulsory school uniform.
- Modern library, administration buildings and facilities.
- Integration of Information and Communication Technologies.
- Doing things “The Weedons Way”.
- Access to many sporting and musical activities.
- Very supportive community Board of Trustees and Friends of Weedons (PTA).
- Extensive playing area and a wide range of equipment and facilities for the full use of by all students.
- Private music lessons available during school hours (keyboard, singing, flute, guitar).
- A wide variety of outdoor education activities.
- Hip Hop and Guitar groups.
- Student Council.
- School vegetable gardens (a project especially for year 4/5 students).
Weedons School is committed to maintaining its unique family feeling through managing the role at or around 160 pupils. This is achieved through taking all children from within our zone, and others as space becomes available.
This policy seeks to limit the school size to maintain the unique climate of the school, and to manage numbers of students with the current infrastructure.
The School Board of Trustees has adopted the following scheme governing enrolments at Weedons School to avoid potential overcrowding.
If you would like your child to attend Weedons, even though they are not within the Weedons School zone, please download and complete the following form: